Pastoral Carer, Retirement Living – Castle Hill
- Make a genuine difference in the lives of our valued residents working alongside our two Parish Village Chaplains!
- Permanent Full-Time position – with an option to job share two or three days per week!
- Use your pastoral care skills to share the love of Jesus and provide spiritual and emotional support!
The role of Pastoral Carer is a rewarding position for someone with a passion for Christ-centred care, to join the supportive and dedicated Mission and Partnership team in Anglicare.
Working in retirement living, you will make a valued contribution to our residents and staff with their spiritual and emotional needs.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About being a Pastoral Carer at Anglicare:
In this valued role, you will have the opportunity to bring your genuine heart to serve people in need, enrich lives and share the love of Jesus. Pastoral Carers contribute to supporting ongoing spiritual needs and well-being, by visiting residents, being a good listener and providing a variety of pastoral care initiatives.
Introductory Pastoral Care training will be provided, together with on-going support, mentoring and other relevant training.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Ensures all residents are respected and treated with empathy and dignity.
- Develops collaborative and supportive working relationships with the Retirement Living and Mission and Partnerships Staff.
- New residents are well supported during entry to provide comfort and confidence.
- Ensures a holistic approach is taken to meet residents' needs, through a range of planned and responsive activities and one on one encounters that allow meaningful encounters with residents.
- Ensures identification and referral of residents who could be further supported by the Chaplain.
- Is an active listener who builds trust and demonstrates a high level of compassion
- Contributes to the provision of support for relatives and staff in moments of need, by providing pastoral care as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Embody Anglicare’s vision of reaching out, enriching lives and sharing the love of Jesus
- A passion for aged care and previous experience in Aged Care desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated reliability and flexibility
- A current Working with Children’s Check Clearance or willingness to obtain
- Relevant training/qualifications highly regarded
- Previous experience in ministry or pastoral care preferred
Please note: A verbal reference from a Senior Minister or Pastor is required.
This is a great opportunity to combine your pastoral care skills with a genuine concern for the elderly and their spiritual needs.
All employees undergo an orientation program on arrival, with access to ongoing education, mentoring and training opportunities, to ensure our team are well equipped to provide our residents with outstanding pastoral care.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.