- Join our caring and supportive team!
- Flexible work hours, full paid training and mentoring provided
- Make a positive impact in the lives of older people
Work with Anglicare at home
Anglicare at home is growing the NSW Home Care team so we can provide more support and make a positive impact to the lives of older Australians by making a real investment in our people.
What’s on offer?
- Flexible hours that suit you in suburbs close to home
- Fun environment to work in, set hours that suits your schedule and life style. Team leader available to answer any questions while you’re on the field.
- Best part assisting clients in the comfort of their own homes
- Opportunity for career development and progression within the company
- Easy mobile app for managing your shifts and submitting time sheets
- Permanent part-time opportunities with regular clients
- Paid travel time and km’s reimbursed
- Paid training for Cert III
- Fitness Passport - Access to 800+ gyms at discounted prices
- Earn up to $15900 tax free
About the role:
We are seeking Home Care Support Workers with a registered motor vehicle and licence to work on a permanent part-time basis. You will be required to provide assistance to elderly clients living at home, through the promotion of independence and choice. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with domestic duties and household chores including washing, ironing, vacuuming, dusting
- Assisting with the preparation and cooking of meals
- Assisting with social support and encouraging engagement in social activities
- Assisting with personal care including showering, dressing, grooming
- Providing Transport – appointments, shopping and social outings
- Respite – being with clients to give Carers a break
A successful candidate will maintain compliance with standards and adhere to organisational policies and procedures whilst promoting the core values of Anglicare Sydney.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Previous experience as a Support Worker in Home Care or Disability desirable
- A Certificate III in Individual Support (Aging, Home, and Community) desirable
- Must have a valid AU Drivers Licence
- Must have their reliable vehicle to transport between customer locations - NSW C Class Motor Vehicle + Licence
- Current accredited First Aid and CPR certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Vaccinated against Covid and Flu
- Basic computer and smartphone working knowledge
We support people at all stages of life through providing quality home care, retirement living, residential aged care and community services across Sydney, Blue Mountains, Lithgow, New England, Illawarra and Eurobodalla.
Anglicare employs over 4000 staff of over 100 different nationalities. With a rich 160-year history of serving people in need, we offer life-enriching care and compassion for each person, meeting material, physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs.
To find out more, please visit: http://www.anglicare.org.au
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.