Anglicare have an exciting opportunity for a Casual Outreach Worker – Driver to join our Mobile Community Pantry team, Based in Villawood, NSW
- Do you have a passion to support people?
- Do you want to make a genuine difference in people’s lives?
- Join our family friendly, warm supportive culture!
About the role:
We are currently looking to hire a driver to join our dedicated team who ensure the day to day running of the Anglicare Mobile Community pantry (MCP) programs, which include both the Mobile Community pantries and the Fresh Food van. In this role you will be traveling between sites as you join part of our committed team to make a real difference to those in need.
As a Christian faith based organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich lives and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: Anglicare Aged Care & Community Services - Sydney & Surrounds
- Competitive hourly rates
- Work with a dynamic and dedicated team to make a tangible difference in the Community
- Learning and Development opportunities within the organisation
- Salary packaging benefits - $15,900 tax free
- Great employee benefits and rewards + Referral bonus
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Ordering of stock
- Restocking the mobile community pantry van
- Driving to various locations across Sydney Metro, Illawarra, Southern Highlands and Blue Mountains
- Coordinating mobile community pantry service deliveries
- Liaising closely with Anglican Churches / Parishes throughout the Sydney diocese
- Coordinating and supporting Anglicare and church volunteers
- Previous experience in customer service / food industry OR social welfare of similar field
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Forklift licence would be highly regarded
- Demonstrate an understanding of the charity sector
- Well-developed MS Word and Excel skills, as well as experience in using Microsoft Outlook and Teams
This is a fantastic opportunity to part of a great program and partner with our Anglican Churches / Parishes as we bring a great initiative to our local communities.
If you genuinely care about people and share our vision, mission and values, we welcome your application to join us, as we work to see Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened.
To find out more about this opportunity, please email the recruitment team at email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; closing date is subject to change without notice.