Pastoral Carer – Residential Aged Care
- Permanent Part Time – 3 days per week
- Roden Cutler Lodge - Gordon
- Provide spiritual and emotional support to residents
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
Roden Cutler Lodge is a warm and friendly home offering accommodation for up to 104 residents. Set in pleasant surroundings in Sydney’s northern suburbs, RCL offers a home-like environment where residents are treated with dignity and respect.
About the role
The purpose of the Pastoral Carer is to provide spiritual and emotional support to residents of the Home, as well as their families and the staff. This is achieved through developing individual relationships with each resident and providing support according to their needs and preferences, as part of a holistic approach to care.
In the role of Pastoral Carer, you will be based on site at the home and work as part of the Pastoral Care Team.
Key responsibilities include…
- Provide one-to-one pastoral visitation to all residents of the home
- Support new residents as they transition into residential aged care
- Support the Chaplain in the provision of Chapel and other Christian activities
- Provide pastoral End of Life care for residents
- Complete and maintain appropriate documentation
- Collaborate with Multi-Disciplinary Team to provide person centred care
Requirements for Success
- Strong personal and active Christian faith is essential
- An active listener who builds trust and rapport
- Demonstrates a high level of empathy and compassion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Is able to maintain professional boundaries, confidentiality and reliability
- Relevant training/qualifications in Pastoral Care highly regarded
- Previous experience in ministry/pastoral care/aged care preferred
Please note: A verbal reference from a Church Minister or Pastor is required.
- Not-for-profit salary packaging
- Regular professional supervision
- Employee Assistance Program provides free confidential counselling
- Training and Development – including Introduction to Pastoral Care Course
- Discounts on major retailers and everyday products
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake or provide clearances for the following Checks: a Police Check, NDIS Check, Working With Children Check, qualifications and referee checks, along with a record of Covid vaccinations.
Anglicare’s mission is to see Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened. Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children, young people, the elderly and vulnerable, and has zero tolerance of bullying and abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.