Anglicare have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker 4 days a week to join our team in GLEN INNES and ARMIDALE NSW. This is a permanent part time position. This position is attached to the Armidale office so could suit an Armidale or Glen Innes person.
- Are you passionate about the socially isolated and vulnerable people in our community?
- Do you want to further your career in the community services sector by making a real and lasting difference in the lives of others?
- Join our warm, friendly and supportive culture!
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
About the role:
Anglicare are looking for a 4 days per week staff member with initiative and enthusiasm to support those in the community. You will be working across several programs in the community, duties will be varied but will predominantly be focused on mental health support work. This position Is located in Glen Innes and Armidale, NSW but will include some outreach to surrounding communities. There will be access to a work pool car, laptop and mobile phone for work purposes.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Supporting people with a mental health issue to access the community
- Provide case co-ordination for individuals
- Establish positive relationships with the clients, staff and other organisations
- Promote Anglicare’s services in a positive manner
- Assess client safety, planning, and intervening where appropriate, by ensuring the well-being of the client
- Reporting – ensure that reports are prompt and an accurate record of observations, risks, interactions and dynamics
- Tertiary education, Cert 3 or above in social work, psychology/community services/mental health OR demonstrated equivalent experience and working toward a qualification.
- NSW Drivers licence
- Knowledge of mental health issues and the impacts it has on a person’s life
- Skills in establishing rapport, respectfully communicating expectations and being assertive
- Experience relating to and building rapport with people
- Knowledge of child protection system and knowledge of NDIS is an advantage
- Excellent observation, written and verbal communication skills
- Working with Children’s Check
- Police Check
- First Aid Certificate desirable
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Scott Bates on 0499406078,
Email: Scott Bates- Scott.Bates@anglicare.org.au
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; Closing date is subject to change without notice.