• Are you passionate and committed to making a difference in the lives of older people?
• When you become an Anglicare Volunteer you are joining a team of thousands who brighten people’s lives everyday!
• Assist Lifestyle Coordinators by supporting singing groups or general entertainment for the Residents
Anglicare has been serving the Community for over 160 years and is committed to supporting those who are aging, vulnerable or marginalised.
Our Day Centres offer a place for respite and life-enriching opportunities for our Clients. Our Volunteers are invaluable in providing a range of person-centred activities that encourage a rich and social life.
About this Role:
Support staff by playing music for the Residents, piano, guitar or any other instrument
Duties may include:
• Musical entertainment for the Residents
• Assist Lifestyle Coordinators to supervise activities
• Some one-to-one and group conversations with Residents
Times to suit village and volunteer – mornings or afternoons
Our ideal volunteer will have:
• Friendly personality, patience and an empathetic nature
• Able to communicate well with the elderly
• Good understanding of popular music, a good ‘ear’ and musical flexibility
Join Anglicare and enjoy the benefits!
By joining Anglicare you would have the opportunity to serve those most in need; elderly people, struggling families, socially isolated, disaster affected people, disadvantaged children and youth plus many others within your community
I want to join. Now what?
Once you submit your application one of our Volunteer Coordinators will be in contact with you. If you are a suitable candidate you will be invited for an interview and if successful you will need to complete a Volunteer Application Pack.
For more information on this role or other volunteer opportunities please contact the Anglicare Volunteering Department on 9421 5446 or email@example.com