What are your skills and talents? We’ll find a way for you to use them in our Anglicare Op Shops!
Do you have unique skills like sewing or furniture restoration? Maybe you’re really organised or love spending time with people. You could have a love for books or have an eye for putting together a great outfit. Whatever your talents are, we will find a way for you to use them.
More than just a store
In our Op Shops, the socially isolated find connection, the vulnerable find care and struggling families find affordable clothing, food and goods. You can use your unique skills to contribute to this great work.
- Use your skill to help enrich the community
- Teach other volunteers your skills
- Welcome shoppers and provide a wonderful shopping experience
- Sort clothes and other pre-loved items
- Tag, fold, hang and display merchandise
- Work as part of a team and under direction of a supportive Op Shop manager
- Assist in maintaining the Covid-safe protocols and help keep working area safe to comply with WHS policies
We would love for you to apply to be a Volunteer Op Shop Assistant today.
- Mt Druitt
- St Marys
- Dee Why
- North Wollongong
Once you submit your application, our Volunteer Coordinators will be in contact with you. If you are a suitable candidate, you will be invited for an interview and if successful you will need to:
- Complete a Volunteer Application Pack which includes a Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
- You will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination.
- Receive training from our Op Shop team.
- All activities are Centrelink approved.
For more information on this role or other Volunteering opportunities please contact the Anglicare Volunteering Department at email@example.com.