• Permanent Full time position
• Working with the Anglicare Palliative Care Support
• Make a genuine difference
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
About the role:
Reporting to the Palliative Care Manager, working across Anglicare Homes mainly in the southern region of metropolitan Sydney and South Coast, the CNC will provide palliative care clinical advice to residents, carers and other health professionals. The CNC is an advanced clinician who is able to facilitate excellence in research based clinical practice and education. The CNC will facilitate the implementation of the organisation’s person-centred model of care
You will assist in the development of care management plans for those residents/clients requiring a palliative approach and end of life care, focusing on care coordination of residents/clients identified with complex need.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Registered nurse with a current licence to practice from the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and current NSW Driver’s License.
- Post graduate qualification or working toward relevant qualification in Palliative Care.
- Clinical leadership skills and an ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary framework with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in nursing practice.
- Minimum five years full time equivalent post registration experience, with at least two years full time equivalent experience in Palliative Care.
- Effective communication and inter-personal skills across a variety of mediums.
- Prepared to develop skills in clinical teaching both in the formal and informal setting
- Exhibits clinical competency in resident/ client-centred consultancy.
- Previous experience in Aged Care and or Community Nursing would be an advantage
This is a great opportunity for an innovative and committed post-graduate professional to be part of our multidisciplinary team who are continually developing a range of care models.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.