You will be joining a Christian organisation with a history of service spanning over 160 years. We provide accommodation, care and community services to people at all stages of life.
We are looking for someone that is able to contribute to our Safety strategy through providing support, guidance and advice through delivering WHS training, safety auditing and compliance management and implementing proactive safety initiatives. You will work with a diverse workforce and gain experience in a growing sector that will see you managing a portfolio across Allied Health workers and staff based in our Sydney Residential facilities.
Working in a team of 5, you will work closely alongside an Injury Management Coordinator that will focus on claims management for the Residential portfolio to allow you to focus on further developing our safety culture within our facilities. You will be someone with strong networking and relationship building skills, capable of enhancing partnerships between Facility and Operational Managers and the Safety team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Hands on delivery of proactive Health and Safety measures across your portfolio to support our Managers in providing a safe and healthy work environment.
- Coordination of Health and Safety Representatives, committees and WHS communications.
- Work closely alongside the Injury Management Coordinator for your portfolio, ensuring you are across all claims and incident reports.
- Facilitate WHS training, auditing, reporting, data management and compliance management.
- Assist HR in the management of projects and non-work related injury management.
- Provide advice and support in accordance with relevant Acts by the successful interpretation of legislation, and organisational polices.
The successful candidate will have:
- Certificate IV in Workplace Safety and WorkCover accredited RTW Coordinator certificate essential.
- A minimum of 4+ years’ experience with coordination of Health and Safety Management Systems, including coordination of WHS consultation, WHS Communications, delivery of training.
- Experience in providing proactive safety management, solid understanding and experience with claims management essential with an understanding of the LPR system highly desirable.
- A current driver’s license and car with the ability to travel across all Sydney portfolio locations.
- Have a solid understanding and the ability to interpret and advise on relevant legislation.
- Highly developed communication skills and the ability to effectively influence and negotiate stakeholders.
- High level organisational skills with the ability to multi task, prioritise and work autonomously.
Our Safety team are passionate about developing and enhancing a safe working environment for our staff, you will be joining a highly motivated team focused on improving and delivering high quality WHS standards to our service streams. Based in Norwest we provide on-site parking, salary packaging benefits to increase your take home pay, novated leasing options (after probation) and the opportunity to join a non-profit organisation centred around supporting the community.
Travel to sites across Sydney Metropolitan areas will be part of this position.
Want to join? some benefits include:
• Flexible, supportive work environment that provides the opportunity to do your best and most rewarding work
• Work from home and increase your work/life balance
• Tax benefits through salary packaging options as a not for profit organisation.
• A safe and healthy workplace culture which promotes integrity and compassion
• A supportive team, rewards and recognition, discounts and more
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.